VILLAGE OF EAGLE
BOARD OF TRUSTEES AGENDA
DECEMBER 5, 2017
EAGLE FIRE & RESCUE DEPARTMENT—705 S 1st Street
--A COPY OF THE OPEN MEETINGS ACT IS AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC INSPECTION—
--THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO GO INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION PER NRS 84-1410—
1. Report from Law Enforcement.
2. Luke Bergmeier to discuss/possible action: Drainage concerns at 845 G Street.
3. Jeff Buel to discuss/possible action: Connection of sewer infrastructure from three-acre parcel subdivided from 21815 A Street to Village of Eagle sanitary sewer system.
4. Report from Building Inspector.
5. Discuss/possible action: Approve contractor estimates for office renovation at 727 South 1st Street; First Choice Roll-offs $275.00 estimate for roll-off container, Renaissance Handyman’s $3,000.00 estimate for demolition, Binswanger Glass’ $2,425.00 estimate for window repairs, The Paper Puller’s $1,000.00 estimate for wallpaper removal and John Henry’s Plumbing’s $2,750.00 estimate for plumbing at a total estimated cost of $9,450.00.
6. Discuss/possible action: Approve funding to purchase used fire-rated file cabinets for the new Village office in an amount not to exceed $6,000.00.
7. Open Forum.
8. Discuss/possible action: Approve Water Tower Lease Agreement and Memorandum of Lease Agreement with Verizon Wireless.
9. Discuss/possible action: Approve Electronic Repair Shop’s proposal for installation of security camera, DVR software and radio link at the park and pool in the amount of $885.00.
10. Discuss/possible action: Approve Christiansen Tree Service’s proposal to remove dead and diseased trees from Village of Eagle property along fence line at 727 South 1st Street in the amount of $5,460.00.
11. Discuss/possible action: Approve purchase of Hotsy Model #795 SS Hot Water Pressure Washer for Fire & Rescue in the amount of $3,950.00 from Hotsy Equipment.
12. Discuss/possible action: First reading of Ordinance 2017-10 – Approval of zoning change from I1 (Light Industrial) to I2 (Heavy Industrial) for Tax Lot 23 (Outside City) located in the Southwest Quarter of Section 21, Township 10 North, Range 9 East of the 6th Principal Meridian, Cass County, Nebraska.
13. Discuss/possible action: Approve Nick Nystrom & Steph Hestermann attending the “Understanding LUCA” Workshop on January 12, 2018 in Lincoln.
14. Discuss/possible action: Amend January 15, 2018 and February 19, 2018 Board of Trustees regularly scheduled meeting dates to alternate dates.
15. Discuss/possible action: Employee Christmas bonuses.
16. Discuss/possible action: Approve or deny minutes as typed for the previous meeting.
17. Discuss/possible action: Approve claims.
18. Report from Attorney.
19. Report from Clerk/Treasurer.
20. Election of Chairperson and Chairperson pro tempore.
21. Approval of Appointments, Retainer Agreements and Contracts where applicable.
22. Designate and approve method of reasonable advanced publication notice.
23. Allow emergency vehicles to leave the corporate limits.
24. Discuss/possible action: Update on nuisance property concerns at Eagle – Replat of Rockenbach’s Addition Lots 1, 2 and 3 of Lot 1.
25. Discuss/possible action: Annual employee evaluation for Nick Nystrom.
The Agenda is readily available for inspection at the Village Clerk’s Office located at 540 C Street, Eagle, Nebraska during regular business hours.